Thursday, March 8, 2012

Countdown to St Patricks Day

I'm so excited I can barely sleep at night.
Every time I start to drift off, thoughts of "I still need to do this.. I still need to do that" drift in. I had first read about the trail a couple years ago and since then I couldn't wait to do it...Now I could use more time!
Really though I feel like a little kid the night before Disneyland. Just over a week and I'll be on the trail, boots on the ground. On mar. 17th, St. Patricks Day ill be up before dawn and on my way down to the Mexican border near Campo Ca, 50 miles southeast of San Diego. From there I will start walking north and will continue on for the next 5-6 months. I officially have one day of work left, and then a couple final days of packing up my apt,moving it to storage and saying goodbyes.
9 more days, then it's one foot in front of the other!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex, I still can't believe you are going to do this, but at the same time I am happy you are going for what you really want to do. =) Be safe out there and be sure to come visit when you get back. =)

    - Claire

    P.S. I love google! I forgot to get the web address before you left work today and just searched "alex + mexico to canada + 2012" and yours was the first site listed. Lol. Technology these days, gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete