Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 3. 03/19 Waiting it out



I slept (almost 12 hrs! )here at Lake Morena campground and woke up to more snow and rain. I spent the first half of the day huddled in the bathroom next to an outlet letting my phone charge until the rain stopped (fun, fun) and then when the sun came out it was glorious.... even if only for two or three minutes at a time. I ran into the four hikers from the first day, and they said that three of them came close to hypo as well, I was happy to see that they were off the mountain and safe! Apparently someone had to be rescued by the fire dept. during the storm, and they were glad it wasn't me. Nothing much going on today, I'll be starting early tomorrow back on the trail. While I was cooking dinner and writing this however, a pack of turkeys strolled right by! Tonight I sleep to sounds of crickets chirping and frogs croaking. Way better than my tent whipping in the wind.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is amazing!!! i respect you :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete