Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 04 03/20


I slept in and took my time today packing up my tent and eating breakfast, soaking in the first sunlight in a few days. I also found a shower, my first on the trip and the coldest of my life!!! I hit the trail fresh and clean, and ran into a man named Joe from Oregon who's also living the dream. He talks alot about age and not getting younger but I think the trail doesn't discriminate. We hiked the rest of the day and camped together on a ridge high above hwy 8 east of San Diego. It's really dark out here...Its so nice being able to see stars again. I lived in a city for the last four years and could never see any stars.
Just in the last week I've met so many people, on and off the trail. I'm glad to see that there are a lot of good people left in the world, and given the chance most people do the right thing.
Sometimes I get bored and try mimicking birdcalls but i get mixed reactions. A lot of times they keep calling to you. Or swoop really low over your head like theyre gonna divebomb you.

1 comment:

  1. Right on man that's cool everyone is following your posts and journal details. Its like we are on the trail with you. Be safe- dry -another storm coming in Sunday to Monday but looks to be less cold than the last. Maybe .5" 3-6 snow above 6000 Looks like you are blazing the trail on the PCT I didn't see a trail of footprints in the snow. Damn i wish you had my aluminum snowshoes for that stretch when you were post holin".Cool.ill design some t shirts and sell them for you online on my music website if you want. But you have to have an expedition, or adventure name that be cool. PCTers usually have nicknames. So advise and I can put your website on it too. Kristen and Kevin

    ReplyDelete