Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 07 03/23 Gettin In the Rhythm


Let me just start off by saying I really appreciate each and every one of you who reads these entries, I don't take you guys for granted! I apologize if occasionally I drone on, most of the time I'm writing at night when I'm exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open. :)
Today was awesome. Great weather and beautiful views the whole way. This morning I left the Laguna Mtn Lodge behind and headed off into the snow to begin the slow descent into the Anza-Borrego desert. I came across some weird govt construction site with signs to scare people off, I wonder what they're doing? I also saw a marmot and a desert fox, sorry guys, both were too far for pictures. In other news, I have a blister the size of a quarter!!
Weird things go through your mind while hiking day after day. You think about family, friends, things going on that you miss. It's funny I love politics and before this I followed the news closely. It occurred to me today that since I've been out here I haven't thought about it at all! It's also odd how you can drift off in your head thinking about anything and everything and come back to reality and realize you've been on autopilot the last two miles.
Right now I'm camped on a granite boulder-strewn ridge with a view about a vertical mile down to the desert below. That's where I'll be tommorrow. I have to hitchhike 13 miles to Julian to resupply possibly tomm. or the next day. I dont want to but it's normal for PCT hikers. Otherwise it's an EXTRA 26 mile walk off trail. I've been thinking of what I'm gonna put on my sign- I came up with the top three:

3. UNARMED AND HUNGRY
2. WOULD IT KILL YOU TO STOP?
1. THIS KNIFE AIN'T MEANT FOR YOU

I decided "Hiker to Julian, 13 mi" would be sufficient. :)


4 comments:

  1. Your top three reasons had me cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha omg your top 3 lol
    wow what ur doing sounds soooo awesome!
    good luck and be careful<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember one sign reading "I'm not as smelly as I look"

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL that's a good one! how about "hurry before I eat my partner"

    ReplyDelete