Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 25 04/10 Going Back Up


Watching the sunset light up the clouds over San Jacinto last night from the San Bernardino foothills was something incredible. We cowboy camped off the trail in the bottom of a sandy wash, the only flat spot we could find.
As I laid there looking at the stars and the clouds like paint swatches over the nighttime sky I thought of how much things have changed for me.
I never feared bugs, just didn't like them. Now they didn't bother me at all. I had ants and a dragonfly on me during the night and I just flicked them off and went back to sleep.
I no longer felt I needed the security of my tent walls. It's now more a pain to set it up and take it down than to just camp without it if the weather's good.
There's nothing like sleeping under the stars.
Its almost as good as hearing your friend get loved on by a deer.
We climbed through a long HOT canyon with a creek meandering through it as we began the ascent that would eventually lead back into the clouds. We crossed the creek at least ten times following it upstream as the desert scrub turned back into cedar and pine. We were probably the only two people for miles around.
We arrived at a camp with a spring near the back ( BONUS!!) as the sun went down and we decided to set up camp. It was safe and for once there was no shortage of flat spots.
We were so tired we went to bed without getting water. We each had enough.
We'd get in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. I know the story on that little dinosaur. Lol. Keep on rockin my man. How are your feet holding up? I've seen a few pics and they look red.

    ReplyDelete